Caesarstone quartz kitchen counter tops will maintain their enduring beauty and lustre for years to come, with hardly any effort from you. A splash of mild detergent with warm water is all that’s needed to keep them looking brand new. And, to make things even easier, there’s no need to seal or wax. But there are some things you must avoid doing.
- Never clean your quartz kitchen counter tops with products that contain methylene chloride or trichlorethane, such as paint strippers or removers.
- Cleaners that contain powders or oils may leave residue, so they must be thoroughly rinsed off.
- Avoid using highly aggressive cleaning agents like dishwasher polishing products and grill/oven cleaners that have high pH/alkaline levels (pH 8.5 or more). If, by accident, your counter tops come into contact with non-recommended products, wipe thoroughly with clean water immediately.
- If necessary, apply a non-abrasive household cleaner (non-abrasive cleaners won’t dull the surface) and then rinse off the residue. To remove things like gum, food, dried paint or nail polish, scrape away the excess from your kitchen counter tops with a plastic putty knife, and then remove the remainder with a damp cloth.
- For stubborn stains, use a Scotch-Brite non-scratch pad with a non-abrasive cleaner, as recommended by your local Caesarstone dealer.
At Northern Granite Works in Barrie, ON, we have almost 3 decades of experience. In our business, there’s no place for the words “mediocrity” and “average.” Our commitment is to meet and exceed the needs of every customer, every time. Please contact us for more information.