Updating a kitchen can become an extensive project. There are many different parts of your kitchen that you could change, but kitchen countertops are a great place to start. They’re one of the highest impact ways to improve the aesthetic appeal of your kitchen, but a good material is also important for day-to-day use.
Here are our five recommendations for taking on the project of upgrading your kitchen countertops.
- Select a durable material that will last a long time. To spend the time and money on new countertops, you want the results to be worth it.
- Choose kitchen countertops that will not go out of style. Since this is something you don’t want to be changing regularly, take your time, and make an informed decision.
- Invest in something that looks good and that will last a long time. You don’t want to go through the effort of getting new kitchen countertops if you’re going to be doing it again sooner than later. Choose a material that is durable and that will be an upgrade for your kitchen.
- Carefully determine the colour scheme that you want for your kitchen. This is a great opportunity to make more changes than just the countertop. You could have your cabinets painted, the walls painted, new backsplash installed, etc. Even if you decide to only change the countertops, it’s still important to make sure that the new ones you’re having installed will work with the current colour scheme in your kitchen.
- Meet with your contractor and discuss the details of upgrading your kitchen countertops. Ask questions, look at prior work they’ve done, check out samples they have, and talk specifics. The better you communicate with your contractor from the first meeting on, the better results you’ll have and the happier you’ll be with the whole process.
By following our recommendations, you’ll get incredible results. You’ll be happy throughout the process and fall in love with the finished product.